lampoff1024.jpg
tusks800.jpg

以下是它的介绍

Lumaray FL6 LED Flashlight
Gadgeteer Hands On Review by Judie Hughes

May 17, 2005

Product Requirements:
Three "C" Batteries

If I was the prop director for the next blockbuster science fiction movie, there would be no question in my mind about which flashlight the hero would carry - it would have to be The Lumaray FL6.

I mean, just take a look at it; the Lumaray is futuristic, to say the least. The torch end looks like something HR Giger could have designed, and in its present incarnation the FL6 could easily be used in one of the two upcoming James Cameron sci-fi flicks without fans crying "foul".

According to Lumaray, their intention is to push "the envelope of lighting design" and leave "the conventional circle. To innovate and create exceptionally unique lighting products for a new generation of consumers." Looks are one thing, but they will only carry a device so far. My goal as I began its testing was to learn if Lumaray's first offering is just a futuristic-looking flashlight with no significant improvements over any other LED torch, or if the FL6 is a new version of an old favorite that sets itself apart with true innovation.

Specifications:
Size: 8.3" x 2.25"
Weight: 5.3oz without / 12.7oz with batteries
Battery Type: Three "C" cells (not included)
Continuous Time Run: ~200 hours, 10-15 hours at high brightness
LED Life: Approximately 100,000 hours
Brightness: ~352,000 mcd
LED: 6 Nichia 5mm (white)
Beam Type: 6 Optical Focused Beam
Switch Type: Twist bezel ON/OFF
Water Proof: Yes, Submersible up to 15'
Box Contents: FL6 Flashlight, instructions manual
Warranty: 1 yr limited warranty

According to the box the Lumaray arrived in, available body colors are "Gunmetal Hero", "Freedom White" and "Sliver Gear" I was sent the Gunmetal Hero color which at this time is the only color available on their site. Also according to the packaging, light outputs available include "Yellow Fog Beam", "White Skyline" and "Other" with a blank space. I would assume then, that it will eventually be possible to get other colors of LEDs. This will be great for those that need red, blue, or other specialized colors.

The Lumaray is composed of what their site calls "a combination of Polycarbonate, Xenoy??, and stainless steel contact springs." For us lay-people, the exterior of the Lumaray can best be described as a gunmetal gray colored plastic with olive colored aluminum ball-joints and a large stainless steel contact spring.

To me, the LED head unit resembles a six-shooter's cylinder, with its tight cluster of six LED chambers, each capped with a bulbous optical lens.

The head unit is designed so that it supports the torch in an upright position.

The deep bevels of the LED head unit keep the torch from rolling when it is placed a flat surface, and on an uneven surface the light will have a better chance of not falling.

Perhaps the other most distinctive part of the FL6's design are the three cantilever mechanism and ball joint connections positioned at the base of the torch head which together make up the trigger unit. Without reading the instructions, loading the batteries for the first time will be tricky - trust me.

Here's how you do it:

1. Rotate the entire trigger unit so that the "quick release trigger pad" is no longer sitting on top of a ledge stop.

2. Now that the trigger unit is no longer locked, the thumb is placed on one pad and the forefinger on either remaining pad.

Using the remaining three fingers of that hand to balance and hold the shaft of the light as you pull down on the pads with your thumb and finger. These trigger pads have a short rough edge that works, but ideally I would like the trigger pads to be a bit more textured as a greasy or wet finger makes for a tougher opening.

Until you get proficient at one handed operation, you can butt the end of the FL6 against something to help stabilize it, as you do the downward motion. Or you can always use your second hand, a leg, or any flat surface.

Viola, the cantilever system will work, pulling back the ball joint connections and releasing the LED head unit.

The only thing that might make this catch and release system even more cool would be if the levers made a hydraulic "shushhh" sound as they opened...but I digress.

Once the head unit has been removed, the battery compartment is revealed. Three rubber O-Rings adorn the top of the shaft, with cutouts strategically placed under the the last O-Ring so that it can slow the batteries down as they are dumped from the tube. Designed so that the batteries will not come tumbling out too quickly, they are instead released in a manner which makes them much easier to catch and less likely to fall. This is probably a good time for me to mention that the batteries should last for 10 - 15 hours of high brightness. For those that prefer a rechargeable flashlight, it would be necessary to invest in some rechargeable "C" cells. However, it is good to know that any "C" cell will work in a pinch.

The head unit can be replaced by simply pushing it back in position. The levers will retract and slide over the base of the unit, once again securely catching on its ledge.

Even though the major parts are made of plastic, everything feels quite solid; there is no creaking and at no time did I get the feeling that I might break something if I twisted things the wrong way.

The shaft of the Lumaray is smooth at the top, and then it bevels towards the base. I prefer a more textured feel in the grip area, and though I did not find this one to be overly slippery, it also didn't make me feel very secure. However, the addition of a lanyard would probably counter this problem.

The base of the Lumaray continues the futuristic design, but the six olive colored aluminum pins do more than just look good - they offer a place where a lanyard can be attached without sacrificing the FL6's ability to stand on it's bottom end and be used as a lantern in a dark room.

It's odd, but as much as I like the design and overall feel of the Lumaray, I found myself wishing for one more thing - that it would also be offered in either a brushed metal finish or in a rubber coated metal version. The Lumaray has a substantial weight already and adding a metal body would definitely  make it heavier, but the added strength of the metal would allow for greater abuse of the unit, in fact it could even substitute as a club should the need ever arise...not that I have ever had such a need, but one likes to be prepared!

So there's the exterior, let's take look at how the Lumaray FL6 operates, beginning with how to turn it on and off. In the tradition of the classic Mag-Light, a 180? turn to the left switches on the six incredibly bright Nichia LEDs. These LEDs are rated for 100,000 hours and are not user replaceable.

The interior of the head unit is covered with some sort of glow-in-the dark coating, so that every time the power is switched on, the coating is recharged. This results in a soft green glow which makes the light easy to find in the darkness. This glow will last for several hours, and it will be recharged anytime the light is used.

Because of the rubber O-Rings in the Lumaray's bezel, it is waterproof and submersible to 15 feet. However, the flashlight will not float, so if the user is caught in a flash flood or something, a wrist strap would be very handy.

The light from the six LEDs is incredibly bright, with no fading even at the far end of my hallway. The six clustered lights are aimed to provide a single solid round beam, and the farther away the light is pointed, the larger the circle of light is cast.

This is the beam cast from 37 feet away down a darkened hallway

This is definitely a flashlight that I would be comfortable using on a dark night at the ranch; walking would be much less treacherous with its excellent blanket of light.

If you have been looking for an extremely bright, battery powered LED flashlight, then you might want to consider the Lumaray FL6. Its futuristic design and the resulting improvements make the FL6 one of the most convenient and adaptable lights that I have yet found.

The Lumaray FL6 may be ordered here.

Price: $69.99
Comes with a one-year limited warranty that is only valid in the US

Pros:
Rugged futuristic design
One handed battery removal and replacement
Waterproof and submergible to 15 feet
Incredibly bright six LED cluster design

Cons:
No rubber or texture on shaft to promote non-slip grip

?Xenoy? is a high impact, chemical resistant product by GE

[ 本帖最后由 114511 于 2008-5-31 15:24 编辑 ]
回复 dsu_marcocopyright:copyright

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 15:20 | 显示全部楼层
:L :L :L :L
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 15:23 | 显示全部楼层
铁血战士的手电……:L
回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2017-7-1 20:13
  • 签到天数: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2008-5-31 15:39 | 显示全部楼层

一只60块钱的CREE筒子将轻松击败这个怪物~~~:lol
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2016-5-10 19:57

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2008-5-31 15:53 | 显示全部楼层
    [quote]原帖由 一酒八妻 于 2008-5-31 15:39 发表

一只60块钱的CREE筒子将轻松击败这个怪物~~~:lol [quote]
    比亮度 能  但比做工  后面再加个0估计也悬:lol :lol
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 16:12 | 显示全部楼层
    看不懂ABC。
    回复

使用道具 举报

头像被屏蔽

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 18:00 | 显示全部楼层
    提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 18:06 | 显示全部楼层
    外形不错.但不怎么实用..
    毕竟用的LED不怎么好.
    要是周围位置的全上P7.
    中间上个P4..
    低亮只开P4.
    高亮全开.
    酷.
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 18:58 | 显示全部楼层
    原帖由 xzz354 于 2008-5-31 15:53 发表
    [quote]原帖由 一酒八妻 于 2008-5-31 15:39 发表

登录/注册后可看大图

一只60块钱的CREE筒子将轻松击败这个怪物~~~:lol [quote] ...

做工?这筒子MS塑料材质。
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2017-7-1 20:13

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2008-5-31 19:22 | 显示全部楼层
    看来我被人小小的鄙视了一下.....
    :lol

没办法啊~~~毕竟来这里玩的朋友十有八九还是喜欢亮、很亮、更加亮的东西啊....:handshake
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2019-11-25 15:30
  • 签到天数: 40 天

[LV.5]常住居民I

发表于 2008-5-31 19:35 | 显示全部楼层
    原帖由 一酒八妻 于 2008-5-31 19:22 发表
    看来我被人小小的鄙视了一下.....

:lol :lol :lol
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 19:46 | 显示全部楼层
    原帖由 一酒八妻 于 2008-5-31 19:22 发表
    看来我被人小小的鄙视了一下.....

不亮的手电算手电吗?有用吗?
    手电当然喜欢亮的啦!:lol
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    慵懒
    2023-9-1 13:49
  • 签到天数: 343 天

[LV.8]以坛为家I

发表于 2008-5-31 19:48 | 显示全部楼层
    这个外形很酷啊:lol
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 19:50 | 显示全部楼层
    四肢发达,头脑简单:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2022-2-4 14:12
  • 签到天数: 162 天

[LV.7]常住居民III

发表于 2008-5-31 20:05 | 显示全部楼层
    很早就有了啊,一直都是感觉很酷。没钱买啊
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 20:09 | 显示全部楼层
    这头怪物两年前就出现过了。。
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-5-31 23:30 | 显示全部楼层
    似乎是中看不中用的东西!!6个日亚5mmLED?
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2019-1-31 23:33
  • 签到天数: 3 天

[LV.2]偶尔看看I

发表于 2008-5-31 23:55 | 显示全部楼层
    乱七八糟的什么玩意?没看懂是什么。。
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2021-11-10 09:38
  • 签到天数: 392 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2008-6-1 01:37 | 显示全部楼层
    :lol :lol :lol :lol
    回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2008-6-1 03:06 | 显示全部楼层
    塑料的,开模费点钱,以后成十万上百万地注就得了。
    回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|论坛自带搜索|下载论坛app|手电大家谈-手电筒爱好者之家 ( 备案序号:鲁ICP备05002565号 )
    以上言论纯属个人观点,与手电大家谈立场无关。
    最佳浏览模式:1920*1080

GMT+8, 2024-6-7 12:41 , Processed in 0.228756 second(s), 65 queries , Gzip On.